20 Mar Tips for Preventing These Common Indoor Allergy Triggers
You want your home to be a relaxing place where you can unwind at the end of the day. But when that space is full of indoor allergy triggers, it can quickly become the very last place you want to spend time in. Even those who don’t suffer from allergies can often feel flu-like symptoms and other negative side effects caused by exposure.
Here is some more information about common household allergens, and certain steps you can take to keep them at bay in your home.
Five Indoor Allergy Triggers
- Mold: It’s very common to find mold in bathrooms or basements, as it likes to grow in dark and moist spaces. However, if you do have a humidity issue, you may find mold in other places in your home.
- Pet dander: Pet dander, rather than pet fur, is known to make some people feel miserable around their furry family members. There are several ways to reduce the amount of dander inside your home.
- Pollen: While pollen is most often produced by outside sources, it can easily be transported into your home by your shoes and clothes. Pets that spend time outside can also bring pollen indoors on their fur.
- Dust mites: These microscopic, spider-like insects are often the cause of allergic and asthmatic symptoms in sensitive individuals. They make themselves at home in piles of dust, so increased dust brings more dust mites in your home.
- Cockroaches: The allergen produced by cockroaches is found in their saliva and waste. Finding just one cockroach means there’s likely more you haven’t seen, and this can be especially problematic if someone in your home is allergic to their saliva.
Solutions for Indoor Allergy Triggers
Installing an air purification system is a very effective way to reduce the amount of allergens in your home. You should also clean your floors and bedding regularly. Also, pets should be groomed outdoors if someone in your household is allergic to dander.
If you’d like to learn more about how to deal with indoor allergy triggers in your Frederick home, feel free to contact Airtron Heating & Air Conditioning.