11 Feb You Should Invest in Preventive HVAC Maintenance
As a homeowner, you want to count on your heating and cooling systems operating efficiently and effectively. Unless you’re taking the best steps to ensure proper performance, though, you just may be wasting money on energy bills while putting premature wear and tear on your equipment. Preventive HVAC maintenance is a top task to perform for any savvy homeowner looking to protect their investment in their home comfort systems. Read on to find out more about how a preventive maintenance contract could benefit you.
Preventive Maintenance for Heating Systems
Furnace maintenance should ideally occur right before you first turn on your heating system for the season. A professional should:
- Verify proper ignition on the burner.
- Check thermostat settings.
- Ensure no signs of corrosion or cracks are evident on the heat exchanger.
- Verify system operation.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check all electrical components.
- Inspect for signs of wear on belts.
- Clean or change air filter.
- Inspect vents for leaks or blockages.
Preventive Maintenance for Cooling Systems
A professional should perform A/C maintenance also right before the summer cooling season. This maintenance should include:
- Verifying refrigerant charge
- Checking controls and safety switches or controls
- Cleaning the condenser coil
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Inspecting and adjusting belts
- Cleaning and inspecting motors
- Checking condensate drain
- Verifying thermostat settings
- Verifying system operation
- Cleaning or changing air filter
- Verifying electrical connections
The Value of a Professional Preventive Maintenance Contract
Although the idea of putting your hard-earned money in setting up a professional service contract may seem like an unnecessary expense to worry about, having this kind of agreement in place can really be a lifesaver. Not only will annual system checkups boost home comfort levels, but they also help to add life to your equipment, reduce your monthly energy bills, and help to preserve your warranty coverage that is contingent upon regular maintenance.
Don’t wait one more day to set up a preventive HVAC maintenance contract. Reach out to Airtron Heating and Cooling to get started today. We’re happy to serve the home comfort needs of residents of the greater Frederick area.